Thursday, January 26, 2006

...Effort and Passion are Optional

Now don't get me wrong, they're great things to have. I'd rather have effort and passion then say, the flu. However if you want to be famous you don't really need either. Take the case of recent internet celebrity Ray Frenden of SketchBlog. Makes beautiful sketches of evil bionic Mega Man elephants and broken, possibly melting robots. He seems passionate about his site, and obviously is talented at it.

That's all ignored in favor of his fruity cat hat. That's the kind of thing that gets you on the news.

It's not his fault. It's just that kitties are cute and people are weird. I think there's a lesson to be learned about the fickle nature of fame and popularity, and how we truly can't know what will resonate within pop culture. I hope someday to learn that lesson, in the mean time I've revised my plan for worldwide blog domination:
  1. Conduct myself with honor and integrity Place food substance on an animal's head.
  2. Take pictures.
  3. ????????
  4. Profit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home